INFORMATION FOR CANADIAN EMPLOYERS
- Destination Canada supports your recruitment efforts by providing you a wide talent pool in France, Belgium and Tunisia.
- Candidates are screened and preselected for you based on your needs.
- Participation is free. You cover only your travel and accommodation costs. Negotiated rates are available.
- You may post job offers even if you cannot attend the event in person.
- Register today to start posting your job offers so we can help you find the talent you need.
Why should I participate?
Destination Canada gives you access to a pool of workers with
a wide variety of skills in France, Belgium and Tunisia. Your recruitment will be supported
by employment counsellors specialized in international mobility – a guarantee
that your needs will be understood and the best candidates identified.
France has a population of 65,7 million, Belgium 11 million and Tunisia 10.7 million. A great number
of people in all three countries are interested in Canada and in acquiring North
American experience. All three countries have a high level of education and training
and their economies are very diversified. The following sectors have been identified
as having particularly high potential for qualified and mobile applicants:
hospitality and food industry, IT, multimedia, translation, aeronautics and
avionics, finance, construction and fabrication. This list is not exclusive: if you submit your job offers
quickly, the employment counsellors can start to look for the best candidates
How can I participate in Paris and Brussels?
- Sign up on this site using the form on the homepage .
You will then receive an email asking you to validate your email address.
Once your email address has been validated, we will communicate with you about completing your registration. You will have the opportunity to specify if you wish to participate in Paris and/or Brussels. You may also post your positions now and confirm your attendance later.
- If your request to participate is confirmed, you will be invited to submit a description of your company or organization as well as the descriptions of the positions you wish to fill.
- You will be contacted if necessary by the international counsellors to
discuss in detail your requirements and your offer.
- Applicants will be selected from the CVs submitted for Destination Canada
and from the data bases of the employment services. Other candidates can
meet you spontaneously at the event.
- You will be able to consult online the résumés/CVs of the candidates pre-selected for your positions. If you are unable to travel to meet candidates, you may contact them to conduct interviews by telephone or skype.
How can I participate in Tunis?
How much will it cost?
- There is no cost to employers or candidates to participate. The space and furniture, electricity
and internet connections will be provided.
- There is no fee for the services of the employment counsellors who work
for French, Belgian and Tunisian government agencies.
- The Embassy will cover the cost of local travel as
well as transportation of display material. Costs NOT covered by the
organizers are air travel, transportation from the airport to
the hotel at the beginning and end of the stay, hotel and meals, as well
as shipping of material for the fair to Paris, Brussels and Tunis.
- An accommodation package will be offered by the Megatour travel agency
including hotel and breakfast in Paris and Brussels, and ground transportation will
be from those hotels. Booking will open in July on www.megatour.com/canada.
- For Tunis, the Embassy of Canada in Tunis will provide information on accommodation directly to employers.
- Air Canada is the Official Canadian Airline for Destination Canada. Canadian participants can benefit from a 10% reduction on travel booked online at www.aircanada.com. Here is the promotional code, valid for return travel to Paris between November 9th and 30th 2014: M7TQJWW1
What programs can help me hire foreign candidates?
For temporary positions:
- You can hire foreign workers through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. Employers need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to hire through this program.
- Many participants will be eligible for temporary work permits under the International Mobility Program, International Experience Canada, without a Labour Market Impact Assessment. For information on International Experience Canada:
For permanent positions:
- To hire a permanent worker, you could make a qualifying job offer in a skilled occupation under the Federal Skilled Workers Program or the Federal Skilled Trade Program. It could improve the chances of your candidate’s immigration application receiving priority processing and being approved.
- The Canadian Experience Class and the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are two other programs that allow successful applicants to become permanent residents. For the PNP, each province and territory has its own criteria, and some could have initiatives for Francophone candidates.
- In January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will launch a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence in certain economic programs. Express Entry candidates who have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer will be given high scores in the ranking system, and those who will be invited to apply for permanent residence can expect faster processing times of six months or less. This new system will allow for more recruitment possibilities, and it will make it easier for you to find the candidates you need.
- Candidates will receive information about the different types of applications in advance of “Destination Canada” and again at the event.
How is Destination Canada being promoted?
- Through the websites of the Canadian embassies in Belgium and in France (over 1 750 000 visitors to the visa and immigration section each year).
- Through Twitter: @DestCan
- Through the employment and international mobility services, our partners
in France, Belgium and Tunisia.
- By an e-mailing to participants in the Embassy's information sessions.
- Through press releases and press conferences.
- Through targeted outreach to candidates in your sector of activity - which
is why it is important to let us know your needs by submitting your job offers
as soon as possible!
Who will be coming?
- We will pre-select up to 800 participants per day over the 4 days of "Destination Canada".
- Most Canadian provinces and territories are expected again this year.
- Representatives of francophone community organizations are also expected.
- The Visa Office of the Embassy of Canada in Paris, event organizer and
responsible for visa and permit applications from France and Belgium among
other countries, will participate in the information session and round table
discussion and be present at a stand in Paris and Brussels in order to guide participants and employers
through the different procedures. The Visa Office of the Embassy of Canada in Tunis will provide information and guidance to participants in Tunis.
- In 2013, more than 1000 positions were posted and 100 employers or were present or represented to interview candidates.
Can I be represented?
- Employers may be represented by recruiters on condition that:
- they do not receive fees from job seekers
- they do not act as immigration representatives and
- they do not offer additional paid services.
How do I get more information?
- By registering on this website, you will receive updates as well as the list of employers, detailed schedules and technical information for each venue as the event approaches.
- If you are unsure whether you will be able to travel to the event, you may register and indicate « undecided » for your participation in Paris and/or Brussels. You can change that information once your decision is made.
- You may contact the Destination Canada Team at the Embassy of Canada in Paris.