Office and Reservations Agent
Sales and service occupations
Hotel front desk clerks
Number of vacancies of this type:
To represent Arowhon on the phone, in writing and in person - charming, friendly, warm, helpful.
Communicate accurate information to guests and staff and all departments.
‘Take care’ of guests.
Manage cash, credit cards and cheques in your cash drawer, so that you balance each night.
Read, know and uphold the Arowhon Office Manual, policies and procedures.
Take and process guest reservations and inquiries.
Welcome - check in/out of guests, including walking guests to rooms.
Passing on of messages to guests, other departments, etc.
Maintain accurate control of cash drawer. Nightly cashing out.
Issue and control of Arowhon recreational items.
Posting of charges accurately.
Communication with all departments eg meal counts, special requests, bell person check in and out, housekeeping for rooms, etc.
Daily paperwork – arrivals, registration, cards, checkouts, dining room and housekeeping reports, special diets, kids meals, picnic lunch forms, etc..
Administrative, clerical and data inputting as required and assigned.
Training / Diplomas:
This training or diploma is
French language is
English language is
Area of professional experience:
Number of years of professional experience requiried:
This professional experience and its duration are
May to Octob
from 17 to 20
Work benefits and bonuses:
Travel expenses to job covered:
Moving expenses covered:
Additional information (visa info, unusual work hours, etc...) :
- front line personality – warm, welcoming, responsible and organized!
- learns quickly, efficiently, handle multiple tasks
- practical and technical office administration background – computers, Microsoft Office Word and Excel, web and email, computer backups, etc and equipment (postage, credit card and fax machines, etc.)
- experience in a good hotel and restaurant, familiar with front desk and hotel reservations terminology
- legal permission to work in Canada
- superior English written and oral skills
- French or German speaking an asset
- A love of the outdoors is essential.
Place of work:
Ontario, Algonquin Provincial Park
I wish to apply for this job.